When visiting petroglyph or pictograph sites, please be aware of the following:
- Touching or applying any substance to rock art surfaces, including water, causes damage.
- Please do not camp or build fires within one-quarter mile of a rock art site.
- Please do not disturb or collect artifacts or features at rock art sites. Take photos. Appreciate them, but leave them in place.
- Refrain from disturbing soil to expose subsurface rock art or archaeology, or participate in disruptive activities or behaviors that may cause damage to sites.
- Minimize the number of vehicles going to a site. Stay on existing roads and trails. Avoid driving on rocks, vegetation, or macrobiotic soil crusts.
- Report new rock art destruction, graffiti, or activity near the site, or site vandalism.
- It’s important to respect the sacredness of these sites still very much recognized by today's native peoples.